About Sequence Charts
National charts for sequence competitors were introduced in 2010. These are in five age categories: Juvenile; Junior; Under 21s; Amateur and Senior. In Ballroom and Latin the top two couples in the charts have their travel to World/European Charts subsidised. EADA are pleased to support sequence competitors' entry to the National Championships as a prize for topping the national Sequence chart.
You do not need to attend all seven competitions. You require three results to be ranked and the best four scores will be taken for each couple and you only need to have danced at two national ranking events (NREs) to be ranked on the chart. Points will be awarded in the same way as Ballroom & Latin events - see our charts page for more details.
Sequence Chart Guidelines:
· The charts will run annually from 1st January until 31st December.
· The top 2 couples for each age category will be eligible to apply for their entry fees back from the national championship if they entered, at the end of the year.
· Couples entering chart events should be asked for their EADA membership cards. Failure to produce the card could result in the couple not be able to enter the EADA National Ranking Event.
· If the couple did not enter the national championship, then the prize will go to the next couple in the chart.
· If a couple moves up an age category during the year, they will stay on both the charts and still be eligible for the lower age chart using the points that they have won.
· Youth competitors and Senior competitors are entitled to enter Amateur chart events.
· If the winner of the Amateur and Youth chart is the same couple, the competitors will only be able to claim the Amateur prize and the next placed couple in the Youth chart will be eligible for the prize.
· If the winner of the Senior and Amateur chart is the same couple, the competitors will only be able to claim the Senior prize and the next placed couple in the Amateur chart will be eligible for the prize.
· Only couples who are paid up members of EADA will be able to collect points on the chart.
· Only couples who are full members of EADA will be eligible for the prize at the end of the chart year.
· It will be possible for members of the Welsh or Scottish Amateur Dancesport Associations to compete in EADA NREs. However, you will only be able to collect points on the chart if you purchase a permit from EADA. To do so please contact the Membership Secretary for your Amateur organisation who will liaise with EADA. A fee of £10 per person per year is charged for a permit to compete in the Ranking events. You must hold a registration for your national association before applying for a permit. Those who apply will receive a card with a unique EADA number; this card must be shown at chart rated competitions. This will entitle you to have a place on the chart, but you will not be eligible for the prize at the end of the year.
For more information contact sequence [at] eada [dot] org [dot] uk (Martin Bird), EADA's Sequence Representative.