AGM packs have been posted but due to the postal strike we have also included the basic details and forms for the AGM here. Click on read more for full details. Please note that to vote at the AGM you must be a full member. Please bring your EADA cards with you.
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of The English Amateur Dancesport Association Ltd will take place from 10.30 a.m. to 1.00pm on Saturday 21st November 2009 in the Renaissance Room, Wintergardens, Blackpool.
1. President’s Report
2. Treasurer’s Report
3. Membership Report
4. Motion to change the Articles of Association
5. Election of Officers of the Council
6. Election of Members to the Council
7. Any Other Business
Motion to amend Articles
Treasurer Job Description
Secretary Job Description
Nominations for Competitive Reps Form
2010 membership form
2010 Membership please note:
- cards for 2010 membership won't be posted until mid-December
- the reduction in costs for Youth and over 65 members
- an earlybird discount is available to those returning their form by 24th December
- EADA regrets that we can no longer accept the September reduced fee from existing members, the full rate will apply whatever date you decide to renew your membership in 2010
Please note other changes for 2010:
NREs: There is an increase in the number of chart events for Senior 2 Latin and Senior 3 Ballroom in 2010 to bring them into line with the other Senior NREs.
BDC: There are no BDC rule changes for 2010.
IDSF: Rule changes are as follows:
- To qualify for natioanl selecetion and Elite Squad training, individuals must hold a current passport.
- Senior 3 NREs Age Change – one half of the partnership must be 55 years or older and the other 45 years or over, if you intend to enter these events due to this age change rule, please advise the Membership Secretary.
- Length of music for NREs – music to be at least a minute and a half and no more than two minutes.
- Paso Doble for NRC Events to the second highlight.
- International competition abroad - couples must have an active license on the IDSF registration system prior to entry for IDSF rule run competition. EADA are introducing an IDSF card for you to carry with you abroad and you will need to supply me with a passport photo for this purpose.
With thanks to our Secretary Mary Corfield
Our EADA Company Secretary and Secretary for many years, Mary Corfield retires from office this November and anyone associated with EADA will have benefited from her work. On behalf of our Members, Council, and the rest of the dance world that Mary has dealt with over many years EADA thank her for her enormous contribution and wish her a most happy retirement.