We have received the following from the Secretary of the IDSF regarding the WDC "Disneyland" event this weekend:
Some of you may have noticed the pictures at the top have finally changed. We're pleased to announce that the new gallery system is now operating, and if you click on a picture, or on the Gallery link below the search box, you will go to the new photo gallery.
Please remember that all photographs are under copyright, and if you wish to purchase one, please get in touch with the photographer.
To return to the home page from the gallery, click on the EADA logo.
Finally - if you wish to have your photos on the site, please email publicity [at] eada [dot] org [dot] uk.
The calendar of chart events for 2010 is now available
- That we advise confirming details with promoters (further details will be on their website and in Dance-news)
- The number of National Ranking Events in Senior I 10-dance, Senior II Latin and Senior III Ballroom has increased as there are now Senior World Championships in these categories.
- From January 2010 Senior III will be open to couples where one member is over 55 and one member of the couple over 45. This is in line with new IDSF legislation.
- Please note there are extra events in Junior Latin and Senior 10-dance - we are trialling offering more choice to members - the numbers of events for a ranking and the number of best results taken will not change in 2010.
- If you do notice any inaccuracies in the calendar please contact feedback [at] eada [dot] org [dot] uk with details
AGM packs have been posted but due to the postal strike we have also included the basic details and forms for the AGM here. Click on read more for full details. Please note that to vote at the AGM you must be a full member. Please bring your EADA cards with you.
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of The English Amateur Dancesport Association Ltd will take place from 10.30 a.m. to 1.00pm on Saturday 21st November 2009 in the Renaissance Room, Wintergardens, Blackpool.
EADA wish to offer our congratulations to Alan Homer, who has recently been presented with an award from the BDF for his work with the "Born to Dance" Scheme. The idea came from Alan after his saw the success the Lawn tennis Association had with their scheme and a committee of Professionals and Amateurs was formed to help encourage Ballroom & Latin American into primary schools. Thie basis of the scheme was that Professionals would teach after-school clubs or when dance became part of the curriculum that professionals could offer a basic course in Ballroom and Latin to the school teachers, who can then teach dance as part of the curriculum. Alan played a pivotal role in contacting schools and councils, and publicising the scheme. Over 100,000 children have learnt Ballroom and Latin since 1998 because of Born to Dance and we would like to thank Alan for his hard work.
Avon Amateurs Press Release
The Gaye Biffen Day held by Avon Amateurs will be re-named the Gala Charity Day and the programme will be diversified to contain EADA NREs. Well done to the club who have raised over £50,000 for local cancer charities in memory of Gaye.
See their press release here
October Training Days
The Ballroom training day on 17th October at Egham and the Latin training day on 31st October at Willenhall are now open to all age groups. For further details see our training day page.
Congratulations to Neil Jones & Ekaterina Sokolova for an excellent demonstration of a rumba and jive at the World Amateur Allstars event at Cheam. Their jive was incredibly entertaining and received a standing ovation.
This was followed by their demo at Night of 100 Stars , where they paid tribute to "Giants of Latin" Walter Laird & Lorraine, dressing and dancing in the style of the day.
Apologies for the few days of website outage. This was caused by hardware failure. The system has been restored and should be back and running fine now.