Please note that there is a strict closing date for the Midlands Competition organised by John Knight at the Tower Ballroom on 5th October. The deadline for entries is Saturday 19th September and entries must include EADA registration numbers for all Amateurs in the NRE. Entries must to be made too: Tony Hunnisett, Tel/Fax: 01564 779267, email: tony [at] dancextras [dot] co [dot] uk
The Amateur 10-dance NRE on 8th November will now NOT be moving to 10th October. Following the realisation that changing the NRE to the London Championships created problems for our members, the 2 Richards have returned it to their original event at Nantwich. We thank them for their consideration and hope that it gets well supported. Apologies for any confusion caused.
NRE CHANGE OF VENUE
The NRE for Amateur Ballroom competitors on Monday October 5th, hosted by John Knight, has now moved from the Wolverhampton Civic Centre to the Tower Ballroom, Birmingham.
NRE CHANGE OF DATE
The competition to be held at Winsford on 20th September 2009, has had to be cancelled owing to the unfortunate illness of the Promoter, John Lamb. We wish him a speedy recovery.
The following EADA competitions were due to be held at Winsford:
Nigel Horrocks has kindly offered to include these three EADA competitions in the Yorkshire Open Ballroom and Latin American Dance Festival, to be held in Sheffield on Saturday 19th September 2009.
EADA is sorry to hear of the loss of Scott Montague and Paul Beeton and we offer our condolences to their families at this difficult time.
Further details can be found here
David & Mary have returned from a hectic few days in Macau at the IDSF AGM. A full report with complete details will appear shortly, but the main headlines appear below:
- An under 21 category is to be introduced (Youth will remain as it is)
- Senior I 10-dance; Senior II Latin; and Senior III Ballroom are to be introduced. However Senior events will all be open and Senior III will be defined as one half of the partnership over 55 and one half over 45.
- Music for dances must be 1mins30-2mins in length and the minimum time between rounds will be 15mins (10mins was initially suggested)
- There will be a set size for a couple's number; couples will not be permitted to reduce the size of their number.
- Couples will need to wait 8 months before changing the country they represent unless both Amateur Associations agree this is not necessary.
- The IDSF are hoping to have dancesport included in the 2020 Olympics, although there are concerns from the IOC about the scoring system
Motions that did not get passed included: renaming Senior, Adult II, Adult III etc; changing the criteria for being able to represent your country and imposing a strict dress code for IDSF judges. More information can be found on the IDSF website.
There were many close decisions and we are grateful to David & Mary for representing the interests of English dancers.
EADA congratulates Stephen Hillier who was recently awarded an MBE in the Queens Birthday Honours List.
We wish good luck to former Amateur Latin Champion Gregor Rebula who has now turned Professional to dance with Rachael Heron and will be representing England.
Apologies to James & Rachel Barron: there was a mistake in the roll of honour printed in InMotion - they placed 11th in the world Senior II Ballroom in Belgium last October not 24th as printed.